Write a review
- 1 kg / 2 lbs. Iceberg Select™ mussels (cleaned and drained)
- 15 g / 1 tablespoon butter
- 375 ml / 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- 300 g / 3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 30 ml / 2 tablespoons flour
- 30 ml / 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 lemons
- Pinch of basil
- Pinch of thyme (powder)
- 8 slices of thin bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, fry the mussels until open. Discard any unopened mussels.
- In another frying pan, sauté the mushrooms in butter.
- Drain mussels and keep the cooking juice.
- Remove the mussel meat from the shells and keep warm.
- Dissolve the flour with the white wine, the cooking juice and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, basil and thyme.
- Thicken over medium heat stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Poor the mussel meat in the sauce and warm up for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Adjust spicing by adding some lemon juice from the second lemon if necessary.
- Serve with bread.
Iceberg Select https://icebergselect.com/